At CCS, we encourage participation in after school extracurricular activities. Through the offerings, we present our students with opportunities to explore their interests and enhance their strengths. Indicated below are some of our offerings:
Cub Scouts/Girl Scouts
- Cub Scouts is available starting in 1st grade and Girl Scouts is available starting in kindergarten. For additional information, please contact the school office.
- The Drama Club is available for students in grades 6th – 8th and meet after school. During September through December, rehearsals are typically after school on Mondays. Starting in January, rehearsals will be typically after school on Mondays and Fridays. There will be an afternoon and evening performance in the spring. For additional information, please contact the school office.
- This is a one hour class that meets once a week after school for girls in grades 1-5. They learn dance styles such as hip hop, Broadway, lyrical, and traditional jazz. There are two performances (one in the winter and one in the spring). A small fee will apply. For additional information, please contact the school office.
- This is available for students in grades 4th – 8th. The goal is to try to read as many books as you can before the competition. At the competition, your team has to answer questions about the books they have been reading. For additional information, please contact Mrs. Messa, our school librarian.
- This activity is available for students in grades 4-8. It starts in September and runs until December or later, depending on how well the team(s) perform in the tournaments. Students are put into teams, and will be asked to design a robot, build it out of Legos, and develop programming to move the robot around a table to accomplish missions. They will compete against other schools in tournaments and possibly qualify to move onto other tournament competitions. For additional information, please contact the school office.
- This is an after school science club held once week. Each 5-week session has a different theme. You may sign up for just one or all of them. There are lots of interesting and fun themes. For more information, please contact the school office.
- This is available to students in grades 6-8 and will meet every Wednesday after school . This year we will start in October and runs until Christmas break. We will explore designing smartphone and tablet apps, websites and even build our own computer. For additional information, please contact the school office.